What’s wrong with the comfort zone?
Can you push through or are you comfortable right where you are?
For most people, the comfort zone is where they exactly want to be. After all, there are no more challenges when you’re comfortable. Life becomes routine and predictable. No one asks too much of you, and you certainly aren’t asking much of yourself. It sounds easygoing and simple, doesn’t it?
The problem with comfort zones is, that’s where you stagnate. Without challenge, you never become more than you are, and you certainly never realize your full potential.
If that already isn’t reason enough, then let’s look at some serious reasons to push past your limitations and escape the comfort zone.
1. There’s a whole world out there waiting for you. When you’re in your comfort zone, you’re not exploring or discovering what life has to offer.
2. You never discover what you’re capable of until you try. Don’t you want to know just how far you can go, and what you’re able to become?
3. You get to learn something you never knew before. By challenging yourself, that’s where you pick up new skill sets and abilities. These will lead you to all kinds of fascinating new places.
4. You’ll become healthier. By pushing yourself into motion, you’ll find that you start doing more, which leads to exercising more. People in the comfort zone spend far too much time as couch potatoes. Is that really where you want to be?
5. You start to build new habits. A little push into something new every single day quickly becomes habitual. This effort means you’re bettering yourself daily.
6. You find out things you never knew about yourself. When you push yourself to the limit, you find out your true strengths. That leads to a voyage of self-discovery that is extremely rewarding.
7. You’ll find that once you start, you can’t wait to keep going. The hardest part of any new endeavor is the beginning. Once you’re in motion, you tend to stay in motion. Imagine if you started accomplishing new things regularly. What amazing things could you achieve?
8. You’ll find out where those limits truly are. And then break through them all over again. Pushing to your limits helps you to know what your new goals should be, and then teaches you how to get past them.
Pushing yourself to the limit is the start of an exciting new journey that will take you places the comfort zone never could and shows you the person you never thought you could be. Isn’t it time to see what the world has to offer – and what you have to offer it?